Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday 9/21

**12:15 pm update**
Dad is having a great day, per Mom.  She said he is very alert and had his glasses on and was reading earlier.  She sounded so happy!!! =)  This is definitely the kind of day we have ALL been needing! 

I spent the day with Dad yesterday.  He had a fairly good day.  He mouthed my name when I got there, which made me soo soo happy.  I don't think I've mentioned this in previous posts, but Dad has a blood clot in his right arm.  His hand has been so swollen.  The Dr said because of the brain bleed, they can't give him blood thinners, so they are just watching it. (He probably got hit from his picc line) He said it isn't as severe as clots in the legs would be.  Anyway, the swelling in his hand was down yesterday.  When I got there, PT was starting to work with him.  He had speech, occupational and physical therapies all by 10:30 yesterday morning!  He was worn out and slept a lot yesterday afternoon!!!  I asked him several times if he was in any pain and he said no.  He tried to "tell" me lots of things, but I couldn't make them all out. 
Mom was with him last night and she said he was so alert!  He told her he wanted a sandwich!  You know he has to be soo hungry!  He hasn't had anything to eat or drink in 22 weeks!!!!!  Breaks my heart for him. 
We are being told they are waiting on a room for him in recoup =(.  We really wanted him to be able to stay where he is, but it is not working out that way.  Recoup is great, don't get me wrong, but he still needs more observation and monitoring than they do.  (He was in recoup before he had to be placed back in ICU and on the vent this last time)   Hopefully we can make it through the weekend without him being moved.... fingers crossed.
Mom is with him today and once I have an update from her, i'll update all of you!!! =)

1 comment:

pfricke said...

We are so thankful to hear he is having a good day and praying that he is ready for rehab soon! I saw your Aunt Terri in Bryant the other day. God's blessings to all of you!
Love,
Polly