Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tues 9/13

Dad had a really good morning today. He worked really well with OT, Speech and PT. He is having a swallow study tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will pass and be able to start getting thick liquids. PT had him sit on the side of the bed and try to stand. He wasn't able to stand up straight, but he stood up for them! =) His nurse said he was very alert for them this am.
He is resting now. I'm sure his morning wore him out!!!!!!

**Added..... As of right now Dad is still at Baptist. The social worker said rehab would be coming to evaluate him soon. We expect for him to get to stay in this unit for at least a couple weeks.... Hopefully longer!!!! Thank you all so much for the sweet prayers!
(I caught myself dozing off while I wrote this post as well as yesterday's. I'm going to let that be my excuse for any grammatical errors! Hummm... Guess this is a good excuse to make a Starbucks run before I start my drive home!! )

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I understand from your last post that your Dad is going to stay at Baptist longer. Malcolm

The Morgans said...

As of right now, yes. They said he could be here for a couple more weeks???? Maybe more!! They just told us to "be prepared". So much of this has to do with Medicare/Insurance. It's ridiculous!!!

C.Dunn said...

So glad to hear this good report!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you. It is about time things start working your way...all the way.