Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday 9/23

*5:20 pm update
We have moved. He was asleep when they came to move him and he woke up and seemed very confused/scared. I was with him and kept reassuring him everything was fine and that he was going to a step up unit since he's doing so well. Broke my heart ( and yes I hid and shed some tears) seeing his eyes dance around and look so confused. Mom is on her way from Heber and should be here shortly. I am hoping he is at ease once she's here.

I sure thought my day was going to be a good one. I was WRONG! On my way to little rock this am I stopped by Starbucks in Conway cause I felt like I deserved a pumpkin spice latte. =) I get to the window to pay, and the guy at the register is a high school friend of Caroline's and when he sees me he says, "Oh, it's on me!" Soo excited! As I get back on the interstate Billie Jean comes on satellite radio. (you have to know me to know I lurve that song! Ha) I pull into Baptist parking lot and find a front row spot.....SCORE! (this is like a miracle!) I just new all this had to be a sign..... Well not quite.
I get to dads room and he's sleeping, but he wakes up shortly after I arrive. OT then speech comes in and he does well for both. PT came in next and so did the nurse from Recoup to tell me they have a private room open and are we still interested. He had to have an answer right then and even stood in front of me while I called mom. Ughhhhh. Soooo.... We don't really have much of a choice. We were told he wouldn't be able to stay in this unit much longer and we were afraid if we passed up the bed in recoup, where would we go when he couldn't stay here anymore??!!? He is moving TODAY. I wish we had a little more notice. The unit he is moving to doesn't monitor as closely as this unit does, so someone will really need to be with him a lot. Moms birthday is tomorrow and my aunt had planned on taking Gracie for the night so Mom and I could go to a movie for her birthday. We wont want to leave him alone, Especially since he will prob be confused in the new place, so I doubt we will get to do that now. Boooooooo. I just hate all this. We are trying to be optimistic, but we are still disappointed.
Dad is sleeping again right now and we are just waiting on them to come move him.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

skg said...

I know you all are just so frustrated. You all are doing all that you can and remember who is in control. My love and prayers to my dear friend Jack and all of his family. Saundra