Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday 8/30

Dad had a fairly good day.  As far as alertness, he comes and goes.  I showed him some pictures and asked him to point to certain people.  He got all of them right... so we are glad to know he still knows who his family is!! =)  We are sooo glad he is at the Long term acute care in Baptist.  We are just hoping and praying he can stay there.  They work with him soo well and got him so strong the last time he was there.  Our only concern, is the fact that I was approached by the social worker the first day he was there.  He asked me where we planned on going after here.  I said hopefully rehab and if he's not ready for rehab then maybe back to recoup.  He wasn't too encouraging about him getting to stay very long.  He told me we needed to have a "Plan B" in case he isn't ready for the other two.  NOT what we wanted to hear the first day he was in that unit.  We are kinda on pins and needles.  I mean we are willing to do ANYTHING to keep him there! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Pray that he is able to stay there and get stronger.  They work with him everyday!  He has physical therapy and occupational therapy usually daily and speech a couple times a week. 
As I was watching Dad today with his speech therapist, I couldn't help but think this is all a dream.  I just can't believe this has happened to MY daddy.  I have tried to be soo strong through all of this and it is getting soo soo hard on ALL of us.  We are soo ready to have him back.  We rely on him so much and there are times I catch myself picking up the phone to call him and ask him what I should do, and realize I can't do that.  :/  The one thing I have learned, is you never know what tomorrow will bring.  Please go give your loved ones a great big hug or call them up and tell them how much you love them.  I know my daddy knows I love him, but there is soo much I wish I would have told him.  I am hopefully I will be able to one day...soon!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AK, hang in there!!! He has come so far and I know ya'll must be exhausted. Don't give up on your faith or hope. Just think of all the wonderful things you will get to tell him one day soon! ;)

Squeezes to all of you, Rachel

Sam Curry said...

Where is Jack and how is he doing. His room number is s09 or is he back on the tenth floor. Tell him to work hard and I will see him soon. Prayer and love to you all. Sam