Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday 8/9

*9 pm update
They had to put Dad back on the BP drip. His blood pressure had been a little low. They turned him and it dropped. They waited for it to come back up and it never did. Mom said he was having some breathing issues tonight as well.
Mom, Caroline and Gracie drove in from Heber tonight. I met them at the hospital to get Gracie. As we were pulling away Gracie yells, "Bye DeDe". I tell her we are going to see Mema and Papa. She repeats, "Mawmaaaa, Paapaaa" then throws her hands up and says, "Where's Pop?" I looked at her and said, "Do you miss Pop??? Momma misses Pop so much". She just looked at me. It felt like someone had ripped my heart in two. We all miss him so much and bless her heart she just doesn't understand what all is going on.




So much has happened since my last post. I guess I thought if I didn't write it, things would get better. Dad is still on the vent....40%. The nurse this morning said they have tried to ween him off and have just been unsuccessful. She said it's going to take some time. He has been on an iv drip for his blood pressure. They were able to ween him off of that last night. He became agitated and fidgety this morning so the nurse gave him some morphine. He is now sleeping and probably will be for awhile.
The DR says his chest X-rays haven't been looking any better. They have him on 2 antibiotics to treat his mrsa pneumonia..... Hopefully they will start working soon. His DR tells us this is a life threatening condition. I don't like those words one bit..... Typing them or saying them. However, he said he is critical, but stable. I leave you with one of the last pictures I took of my Dad before all this happened. Who would have known????











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sherhog said...

I am so sorry to hear this. You all have had so much bad news but keep in mind what a fighter his is. I will keep praying for him and you all.

Anonymous said...

AK, thanks for the report. I didn't realize he's in critical condition. He has overcome so much thru this ordeal. We'll be praying that he can overcome this, too. Don

Rachel said...

Stay strong and remember he IS strong and such a fighter!!!! Sending love and prayers your way!!! xoxo

Cathy Dunn said...

This is so hard. We are praying for Jack and Dicey and for all of you.