Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday 8/16

Dad looked really good this morning. He was alert and we looked at pictures! He pointed to everyone when I asked where they were. He said my name.... Like actually said it! I heard his voice and was sooo excited! Dr. Mogbo came in and said he is going to go to the 10th floor (long term acute care). This is where we first went when we came to Baptist at the end of May. We love that unit and are soo happy! He said he should be moved by the end of the week. Now we just have to try to wean him off the vent. He is not tolerating it well.
I've had several people tell me they have tried to leave a comment and cant or just don't know how. I thought I would give a lil tutorial! We would love hearing from everyone that checks up on us!!!!
Below each post you see "Post a comment". Click on that. A box appears and you can type your message in there. Next, You see a box below that and it reads comment as. You can select the drop down arrow (it says select profile) and make your selection. I tell everyone if you aren't sure, the easiest one to do is anonymous. Make sure you add your name to the comment and click post comment. It will probably ask you to type in the word verification and whaalahh!!!!!! =)
Hopefully this didn't confuse anyone!!!! I will update more on Dad this afternoon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

skg said...

This news just makes for a great day for everyone who knows Jackie. I am so happy that my friend is making such improvement. He is still in my prayers and will be until the day he walks out of there and is home with all of you. Love to all of you.

Sherhog said...

Love hearing good news. Please tell Jack I think about him every day and miss our talks.
Sherry

Sherhog said...

Oh, yes tell him I had someone notice my Razorback tattoo this morning and mention my little piggy on my ankle. I think it surprises people to see an elderly woman with a tattoo.

Sherry

Rachel said...

Oh wonderful news!!! He's all on our minds daily and we talk about him often...dad especially! ;) Thank YOU for keeping everyone so frequently updated...I know you all have a lot on your plate! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update with good news. We will continue to pray for Jack and the family. We are not far away and are available to help you all at ANY time. Also, Richard, our son in Oxford wants you to know that he and his prayer group are praying for you. You have my contact information.

Love and Prayers,

Doug & Patty

Debbie Robus said...

Thank you for the update. Please tell your dad and everyone how thrilled we are that he is improving. We know that hearing him say your name has been the highlight of your week, if not your year!

We will continue to pray for healing and great progress in therapy... and specifically for the vent to no longer be needed. We love you all... God bless each of you!

Bill Johnston said...

Diane & I check your blog at least a dozen times a day, praying for good news. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us in the loop. Sounds like dad may have turned a corner!!

Bill & Diane Johnston

caroltmeyer said...

Wonderful news about Jack! This just makes my day to hear some good news and actually SEE his picture--He looks great to me! i hope all you sweet Rhodes gals look half that good! Hopefully , you are each getting some rest when it is not your turn to stay with Jackie! I hope to see you all next Tues, Wed or Thursday at some point. Carol Cashion and I are coming up for a little visit with cousins and to show off our new baby boy, Pfeifer Meyer Doolittle! Love to all-
Carol Meyer