Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 23, 2010

How I met my husband.....

So this weeks "Show us your life" over at Kelly's Korner is how you met your husband. I normally don't post the "Show us your life" post, just enjoy reading everyone elses! lol! This week i thought i'd participate!
Josh and I met my sophomore year in college, and his freshman year. My roommate Jessica and I lived in a apartment at the Chateaus. Anyone who went to ASU, knows how cool the Chateau apartments used to be! Anyway, there were some guys that lived across the parking lot from us. We had never met them, but sure had our eyes on them! The Chateaus had a monthly newsletter the apartment manager, Ms Ruth would print up. For some reason, Ms Ruth always loved Jessica and I! (i mean who couldn't! lol) Anyway, the way you met people in the Chateau's was you would go to their door and ask to borrow some ketchup. Crazy I know, but each monthly newsletter talked about how so and so apartment was seen asking to borrow ketchup from so and so apartment. Ms. Ruth would always write about asking the girls in 23 C to borrow some ketchup. Well... one night, we worked up the nerve and decided we were going to ask the "hot guys in 210" to borrow some ketchup. We knock on the door, one of them answers and we ask to borrow ketchup. Well... evidently they didn't read the newsletters (or just wanted to be cute and funny) and opened their fridge and handed us their ketchup! HAHAHA! Anyway, after talking for awhile they came over to our apartment and hung out with us. There were about 6 of them that came over. I didn't notice Josh that night (he didn't live in the apartment, he was just visiting the guys that lived there). It was a couple weeks later when they came back to hang out, that he caught my eye.
We talked and hung out for awhile, then summer break came. He went back home for the summer (in Tennessee) while I stayed in Jonesboro. We talked some and he and his best friend Zach came to visit a few times. That fall, he and Zach got an apartment right across from us. Long story short, he played hard to get for awhile, then I played hard to get for awhile! Finally we both realized we truly cared about each other and started dating. The "official" date was Sept 2, 2001. We dated for about 5 1/2 years and FINALLY married on April 21, 2007. That was one of the best days of my life.
My laptop crashed awhile back, so I don't have many pictures scanned on from when we first started dating...but here are a few I have.


Thanksgiving 2003 at my Grandparents house. Josh's first hunting trip with my dad and grandpa!

4th of July 2004 at my parents house after a day on the lake!
Fall 2006.. one of our Engagement pictures

April 21, 2007... Our Wedding Day!!!

No comments: