Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday 10/21

I'm with Dad today. He's been sleeping, but just woke up. The nurse said he was pretty alert this am, but he's just semi alert right now. Mom got a call from the social worker yesterday. We dread those calls cause we always know it means bad news. Dads DR requested he be evaluated for rehab. Well evidently he was and the Rehab Dr said he didn't qualify. Sooooo..... We have to figure out what we are going to do. The social worker said nothing would be done today, or hopefully next week, but she wanted us to be prepared and have a plan. Ugh.... Many tears have been shed. Really our only option is nursing home. Mom and I are prying our brains trying to figure out other options. We just aren't equipped to care for him at home. I have been praying over and over for a miraculous improvement over the next week and he may be able to stay. I pray 563579434733 times a day for a miracle. He's following all commands and doing the therapies, he's just weak.
Here are some pictures that I found on Dads computer at work yesterday. Talk about bringing on the sniffles.... I miss him so much. I told him this morning he better start working harder than ever with his therapies cause we all miss him soo much and want him home! I told him this very sternly and that this was a command. He may have given me a dirty look and said some choice words for my harshness, but dangit..... It's been tooo long and keeps getting harder every day.



Dad with his high school buddies at a reunion. For some reason this pic cracks me up! Those Top Gun shades are soo my daddy!


Dad with his high school buddies. Mrs Carol and her late husband Mr Alvin. I have many memories of hanging at their house and swimming off the dock. Fun times!


I lost it when i saw this one Look at his smile in this picture.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Don and Cathy said...

AK, I'll be praying with you. I'm sorry for the news you got.