Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday 6/29

*6:15 pm update
Dad has been soo alert the past hour. We have been carrying on conversations with him. He's been smiling (and crying) and we couldn't be happier.

Sorry for the lack of updates after my pity party I had!!!! We were told Monday afternoon that Dad would have to leave this unit. Since then, they noticed some oozing from his peg tube site, so he will have that replaced and evaluated this afternoon. Dad has had periods of alertness, but this afternoon he is not. He became very agitated earlier and we had to restrain him. We did find out yesterday afternoon he was accepted into another unit in Baptist Rehab, so that is good. We aren't sure when he will be moving..... They just started him on antibiotics for the infection on his stomach.
Caroline made it back his afternoon as well. She was so glad to see Dad. Hopefully he will be more alert tomorrow and she can visit with him some.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sam Curry said...

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I AM GLAD HE IS STAYING AT BAPTIST. GOD BLESS AND OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU. TELL JACK HELLO AND I WILL SEE HIM ON FRIDAY IF NOTHING HAPPENS. SAM

Anonymous said...

Good report, AK. We're also glad he's getting to stay at Baptist. There are lots of folks praying for your dad (and you family). Don and Cathy.

carol said...

Was so good to hear Jack was alert and talking --yes, and crying yesterday!Praying today will be good also!
Carol Meyer

carol said...

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His Holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Who forgives all my iniquities and heals all my diseases. Ps 103:1-5