Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday 7/6

I'm back!!!! Sorry for my absence!!! Gracie and I went to Tennessee to spend the weekend with her Daddy! We all 3 had a wonderful time! It was nice to be all together again!!! =)
Dad did great during speech and physical therapy this morning. He is following all commands!! They put his speaking valve in, but we weren't able to get him to talk. Hopefully soon!!!! He played catch with his physical therapist and kicked the ball for her some. He tires very easily. Now he is sitting in a cardiac chair beside me and we are watching CNN (imagine that!).



We are still on the 10th floor at Baptist. Dad was accepted to the Baptist "Recoup Care" (it's a step down from the Baptist Rehab), but we are still waiting for a room. Since he has MRSA and is in isolation, he has to have a private room. Until then, we will stay here.
His procedure has been changed to next Tuesday, the 12th. We aren't sure of the time yet, but I will keep everyone posted.
Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers, phone calls, texts, cards, emails and on and on. It means so much to all of us. I told Dad when I was in Heber last week a lady at the post office and the bank (after they found out who I was) asked me how he was doing and I didn't know either one of them!!!! He smiled soooo big and said, "Really??!!!??". We just tell you how much it all means to us!!!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is wonderful reading. I love that Jack is up and watching TV. God is so good. Saundra

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing, especially the pics! He looks content watching tv!! Mom and dad said they had a good visit w/ your mom and hope to actually come visit your dad soon. I think of you ALL daily!!

Squeezes!!

Anonymous said...

Anna Kathryn,
I am glad to hear your positive report on your dad. I did not know until today that he has MRSA.I am sorry he has this complication. You all are in my prayers. A hug for your mom!
Arline Chandler Smithy