Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday 6/22

Today has been a day!!!!!!!!!!! Dad was supposed to have his swallow test at 8:30 this morning. He slept from 4:30 yesterday afternoon until 1 pm today. He woke up soo alert. He got to see Gracie for a bit and they played ball! Lol!! Luckily they were running behind and didn't take him down for his swallow test until 3 today. Unfortunately he failed the test. =(
Later this afternoon he became very irritated. He was trying to pull out his tubes. Mom and I had to hold both of his hands down. I have never seen him like this before. He was digging his fingernails into our hands. We had to double restrain him..... Just breaks my heart. He had calmed down some before we left for dinner....we are just hoping he stays calm.
They have scheduled his 2nd procedure for his AVM on Friday afternoon around 1. He will have to stay in ICU for at least 24 hours after, but possibly more. Please say a lil prayer for my Daddy, our family, the nurses and the (hot) doctor, that all goes well with the procedure on Friday.
Can't believe it has been 2 months today.............


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Carol Meyer said...

Hey, Joyce and Ruby! I left a comment to y'all a few days ago, but I noticed it did not post. Must have done something wrong! I love your new names! At least he still knows Dicey's name...I think! Let's keep it the same! Sorry about the swallow test, but praying he WILL come through the next procedure with flying colors and THEN get that swallowing right. Hugs and kisses to all of you-
Carol Meyer

Debbie Robus said...

We will be praying for a smooth procedure tomorrow and a short stay in ICU. Hang in there... love to all of you!