Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday 6/11

Not too much going on. Dad's trach has been capped off since Thursday and he hasn't had any problems!!! His Occupational and Physical Therapy nurses were very impressed with him on Friday and said he had improved over the last two days! YAY!!! He is however, very confused and disoriented. He also gets very agitated from time to time. I told Mom we have to start writing down the things he says/does, because he will get a laugh out of some of this stuff one day!!! =)
For instance... Thursday night I asked Dad who I was. He looked at me and said, "Ruby". LOL Not sure where he got Ruby from!!! I am still laughing about that! Today, Caroline asked him what her name was and he said, "Joyce". LOL!! Sooo.... I'd like to introduce to you... Joyce and Ruby!! HAHAHAHA

We have laughed soo much over this! Where he got that, I haven't a clue!! We don't have any Joyce or Ruby's in our family. In fact, my best friend's dog's name is Ruby... so that is all I think of when I hear the name!!! LOL!! Also, today Mom and Caroline were sitting in the room with Dad. All of a sudden he took both hands and reached up and grabbed his Trach (when we aren't in the room he has to be restrained because he likes to pull at EVERYTHING). Mom screamed and a nurse came running in. After they got his hands away from his trach and face and the nurse walked out, Dad looked up at Mom and said, "I had nothing to do with that" HAHAHA! Ahhhh.... our time spent at the hospital with Dad is definitely eventful. He keeps us on our toes and we just never know what to expect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to make another trip to you guys on Thursday afternoon. There's no telling what he might call me! Sam told me Friday he was much encouraged after he visited. dd

Sam Curry said...

hope jack is doing better. I expect to see him talking and really getting after the physical therapy. let me know how he is doing on your next update. sam

Sam Curry said...

Jack said my name loudly on friday and I think he looks better. He is taking those baby steps and is doing what the speech therapist wants him to do . Stick out the tongue and swallowing 10 times was a good indication he understands what he needs to do. Now all of us need to motivate Jack to sit up and stand up so he can start the physical theraphy. Try and see you friday so tell jack to work hard and take two baby steps this week. Love to all of you . Sam