Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday 6/8

Dad had a swallow test yesterday, but he did not pass. They will repeat in 2 weeks. If he passes, he can begin having liquids.
Respiratory capped his Trach off for a few hours yesterday. This means he has to breathe out of his mouth and nose. He did well. They capped him again about 10 mins ago... So far so good!!!!!!
He is still pretty disoriented. We are waiting for a neurologist from UAMS to come see him. Hopefully we will have more answers after seeing them. He did smile at me this morning. Makes me feel sooo good, cause he did not recognize me Sunday and pushed my hand away. Broke my heart, but I know my Daddy is in there and he knows who I am.
They have been working with Dad alot. Mom and I watched him with the occupational therapist on Monday and it really made me realize we have a long way to go. I just can't believe this has happened to us. Dad is such a strong, intelligent man and it is soo hard seeing him so weak and clueless. I am willing to do whatever it takes to have my Daddy back. I miss him soo much.

Let's end on a happy note....... Gracie snuggling with her DeDe!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AK, yes, we know it's hard on y'all but we can't imagine exactly how hard! You're right, your dad is in there and he's a strong guy. Many are praying for him. I've been amazed at how strong y'all have been. Keep up the fight! dd

Anonymous said...

AnnaKathryn, Thanks for your posts. I want to keep up with the progress but hesitate to bother you all with phone calls. I hope to make it to LR to check in on Jack but I'm not sure when. The Northeast Arkansas branch of the Rhodes are all praying him and for all of you. Give both your Dad and Mom our love. Cousin Ron (Ronnie)