Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday 5/1

*6:30 pm
Dad smiled at us several times during the 2:00 visitation. He raised his arm and grabbed Caroline's arm. He shook his head yes and no when we asked him questions!!!!! Today started out rough, but has gotten much better throughout the day!!!! =)

*11:45 am
Mom said dad is showing out!!!!! He is wiggling his ears, smiling and moving his fingers like he's playing the piano! The nurse said he has made a fool out of them!!! Lol. Praise the lord for some good news. I was really down this morning. I'm heading up to see him in a bit!!!

*8:45 AM
I just spoke to Mom. I left the hospital for the night since Josh and Gracie are in town. She said Dad was sleeping when she went in this morning. The nurses said he has not been responding to anyone. Hopefully this is just because he is tired and getting some rest. They are taking him for a CT scan shortly.

*9:45 AM
Just talked to Mom. She told the DR she wanted results ASAP and he pulled them up and they looked together. Everything looks good.... no new bleeding!!!! We are restricting visitors to immediate family only. We think he really just needs rest right now. Thanks again for ALL the prayers. I feel soo honored to be Jack Rhodes' daughter. This past week has made me realize just how many people love and care for my dad.
I am going to spend some time with my sweet Gracie (and Josh) today! I am soo excited that they are here! We are planning to go see Dad this afternoon. Last night when I told him Gracie was downstairs, he gave me a smirk!!!

3 comments:

Debbie Robus said...

AK... thank you for taking time to keep us updated. We continue to pray for your dad - and for all of you. Jack would want you to spend as much of this day with Gracie and Josh as possible... so enjoy your time with them and know that your dad is resting just fine under the watchful eye of your mom and others.

Focus on the blessings in this... like realizing how many people love all of you. That's what you will remember most down the road. I'm sure it will do your dad a world of good to see his little Gracie. Hang in there!

skg said...

Thank you so much for keeping us current with Jack's condition. He certainly has kept his sense of humor. I am so happy that he is getting better each day. He is a good man. Give him our love and blessings. Saundra

Melissa said...

Jack the Joker ;) I can just picturing him doing his fingers like that haha glad you got a great big smile today! you guys deserve it!