Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 22, 2009

She's here!!!!!!

I know I'm a week behind on this post, but it has been pretty busy around here!! Gracie Kate Morgan was born last Wednesday, October 14th at 6:31 pm by c section. She was 8 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches. Of course we are all in love and she has stolen our hearts!! I can't believe its been a week already!! We are all doing fine....just adjusting! Like I tell Gracie each day, we are learning together!! :)


Looking back, I have to say the whole labor process wasn't too bad (once I had my epidural!). For me it was more of the "fear of unknown" that scared me and it was just a long long day! I didn't know what to be prepared for. After hours of no progress (I was dilated 8 and 100 effaced and she still wasn't engaged at noon and there was no change in progress from then until 5 pm).
I asked my Dr the options of a c section. Gracie's heart rate had dropped a few times during the day and since I wasn't progressing, she said we could do one if I wanted. Of course I jumped on it cause I was just exhausted and ready to meet our little girl.

Since I delivered so late in the day Wednesday and I had lost alot of blood during delivery, we had to stay until Saturday. Boy were we glad to get home!! Now we are just working on getting our days and nights figured out! She is such a good baby and so alert when she is awake. We don't have much crying unless we are changing a diaper or shes hungry and I don't get to her fast enough! lol!!

This post is going to be short and sweet. She is napping and I should be as well!! :) Here are some pictures of our little girl!! :)





Our first family photo!





He doesn't look like a proud daddy at all, does he?????

Gracie and Aunt Caroline

Gracie with her Pop and Gammie (at least that's what moms name is THIS week! haha)

Here are some of her hospital pictures. I thought they turned out really well. She was NOT happy when they came in to take them. Luckily we got some good shots though. Shes already a natural in front of the camera!! :)






1 comment:

The Keylors said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! Enjoy every sleep deprived minute. : ) It's truly an amazing love.