Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday 7/29

I finally have some free time to sit down and write a post. I have sat down to do this several times the past few days, but I always end up doing something else. It's hard. I've devoted this blog to Dad for the past 15 months, even though it was created a few years ago to keep family up to date on us Morgans..... mainly Gracie! =)
We want to thank each and every one of you for all the love an support you have given us these past 15 months. It's amazing to me to look at my blog and see several entries that had over 200 hits!!!!!!! It was very clear to us at Dad's visitation and funeral how many people cared for him. We were in awe! His service was wonderful and we know Dad would be so proud and honored. The words people have said about my father prove he was an amazing man. Of course we always thought this, but it's nice to know so many others felt the same!
Dad became sick and took a turn for the worse on Friday, July 13th. We knew then that our time with him was limited. I am so thankful our family of 5, along with many other close friends and family members were able to spend quality time with him that week. I'm not gonna lie..... I felt like I was between a rock and a hard spot. I wanted to spend every moment with my Dad, and had two kids to take care of at the same time. Thanks to my hubby for rushing back to Arkansas to be Mr Mom for a few days and to my family and wonderful friends for coming to the rescue an helping out with my kiddos. You all mean more to me than you will EVER know.
As you all know, Dad passed away on Thursday, July 19th. He had been sooo alert that morning, so this really shocked us. We had kinda started taking shifts on staying with Dad (except for Mom.... She was there 24/7... Only left for like an hour a day to run home and shower). However, it just so happened we were all with Dad when we knew he was passing away. The four of us were around his bed as he took his last breaths. I know God had a hand in all of us being there. He was so peaceful and we are so thankful for that. The Hospice nurse said it best.... He lived until he died. It still doesn't seem "real" to me. Even after seeing him in his casket, I just can't believe my daddy is gone. This past week has been hard on us. We have good moments and sad, sad, sad moments. Mom was saying today she feels like this is a bad dream and she's going to wake up to him walking in the house. I so wish that would happen. I would give anything.
We want to thank you for all of the phone calls, texts, emails, cards, food, flowers, donations and everything else all of you sweet friends have done for us. I can't tell you how blown away we have been by all of the things people have done for us.
I'll apologize if this post jumps around and doesn't read smoothly. I've had to stop and start back where I left off several times and I've lost my train of thought! I'll leave you with a picture. This is the reason for my interrupted blog post! Sooo worth it though!



I have to add that Gracie does not like to see anyone upset. She will see one of us crying and do her best to say or do something to make us laugh. I was weepy the other day and Gracie saw me. I dried my tears and showed her some smiles. She quickly asked me, "Mommy, you happy now?" Love her! =)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Don and Cathy said...

AK, this is strange, I posted a fairly long post last night but this morning it was gone. Just wanted to thank you for keeping us all up to date on this very hard journey your family has been through. You are correct, your dad was very well thought of, as evidenced by the crowd at the visitation and the funeral. If he could speak to you right now, he'd remind you to remember all those good times, even though these past 15 months were awfully hard. You have a lot to be happy and proud about.