Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday 7/14

Things are about the same. Dad has been resting the majority of the day. He has had his eyes open some and been mouthing words and pointing to us. He is very weak. My friend Sarah was here this afternoon and said something about the Razorbacks and real faintly he said "Wooo Pig!" =)
We sat as a family of 5 around Dads bed early early this morning. I think we all said "I love you" to each other a thousand times. We are all cherishing this time with Dad. What a long long 15 months it has been.... Dad has been through so much. He is such a strong man and I couldn't be prouder of him. These past 24 hours haven't been easy for us, but we just want him to be comfortable and pain free and so far he is.... Praise the Lord!
My brother wrote this early this morning. Of course none of us have really had any sleep.... Can't seem to be able to close our eyes for long.
To my dad.... I love you so much and I know that youre dying and its killing me to let you go. I knew this would happen one day, but I didn't know it would be so soon. I know we haven't spent a lot of time together over the years, but I do love you and I know that you tried to be the best father that you could be to me and for that thank you and you're always in my heart. I love you my dad.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Debbie Robus said...

Thank you for taking time to post to your blog and update all of us who know and love you. We are keeping you close in prayer and asking God to comfort each of you perfectly, according to your needs. Cherish this time... sleep will come soon enough. Know that God is wrapping His arms around you - and Jack - and holding you closely...now and forever.

Don and Cathy said...

That's beautiful, Brett. Your dad needs to hear you say that. All us dads have had difficult times between us and our kids, it's just part of the growing up process. We would all love to hear our kids say that to us.

Ya'll hang in there. You've been rocks for Jack and he knows it.