Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday 4/27

*10:15 pm
Caroline and I are staying at the hospital again tonight. We just left from seeing dad. He opened his eyes pretty wide and puckered his lips at us! We didn't get any other response, but that's ok! He could hear us and knew we were there. I asked him if he would squeeze my hand, then asked to wiggle his toes and didn't get anything. I asked him if he didn't want to move his toes or squeeze my hand and after awhile he shook his head "No". =)
He had another MRI tonight and we should have the results in the am. We are very anxious to hear!!!
Dad looked good today. I am hoping we have more improvement tomorrow!!!

*10:37 am
Caroline and I came to Heber this morning to take care of some stuff around the house and bring stuff back for Mom. On the way here, Mom called me and asked me to put the phone on speakerphone. She spoke to his surgeon, Dr Peterson, and told her how worried we were and that she had a melt down yesterday. The Dr quickly told her if he was getting worse, she would be here. She told us that with everything he has been through, this is very common. She compared it to a sprained ankle and said we have to give the brain time to heal. She was VERY encouraging and said we should hopefully see progress by the weekend. This was wonderful news following our rough day yesterday. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. We are receiving lots of visitors, calls, texts, emails, facebook msgs and blog comments. We read each and everyone of them. Last night before we went to sleep, I read Mom all the Facebook and Blog comments. We are so truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and we can't thank you all enough! We are trying our best to reply to every call, text, email and comment. Let's keep praying for a Wonderful Wednesday.

Love you all!
Anna Kathryn

MRI did not show anything! No new bleeding or a stroke, which is good. The DR said dad is a very seriously ill man and they are not sure why he is not responding. They are going to do another MRI today and look a little lower down the spinal cord. He is still wiggling his toes on command, but not giving a thumbs up, squeezing our hands and holding up fingers like he had been doing. I just keep telling mom dad is a strong guy and if anyone can get thru this, he can.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I wake up in the night and first thing in the morning to check on Uncle Jack through your blog! Just know that we all still very much have you all on our mind and are praying for Uncle Jack's recovery! We know you are strong Uncle Jack and can fight this!!!

carol said...

Jackie and each of you are on my mind and in my heart constantly and I am bombarding heaven for all of you! Hug that sweet man for me, and as soon as he is better, I will do it myself!
Love,
Carol

jnlawson said...

Said a prayer for you at church today. You are a tough old bird and I know you can lick this. We will be thinking of you and your family.
Nikki and Larry Lawson

skg said...

I am thinking about and praying for each of you. Stay strong. God is good and I pray he will heal Jackie and return him to you very soon. Love to you all. Saundra

Don and Cathy said...

Dicey, AK and Caroline, y'all are being a real blessing to him and to us as well as we get texts and phone calls every now and then. I hope to be able to see him late Saturday afternoon. So glad you got the encouraging report today from the surgeon. Thanks for keeping us posted on this blog, I'll quit bothering you with texts! :) Still praying!

Brittany Freeman said...

That's awesome! Still praying hard and will never stop.

Brittany Price

carol said...

What wonderful news to hear the doctor's encouraging words! I have sent out this link to the blogspot to as many of our classmates as I had email addresses for so they will all be keeping up with Jack's progress and bombarding heaven, too!
Love and prayers,
Carol Meyer

Don and Cathy said...

Cathy, here. I'm so glad you guys got some encouragement today; I know you really needed it. We continue to pray for all of you.

Stevie D said...

Thank you for posting each day. I get up each morning and check it and was so glad that yesterday was more encouraging. I pray today will bring more good news. I know this day to day roller coaster is not easy, but you all have each other and are a strong family. My cell is 860-8047, if Dicey needs an old friend to talk to or if you need a new friend to chat with. Thoughts and prayers still going up.