Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 25, 2011

4/25 Update

We just spoke to the Dr's about an hour ago. We found out Dad does have an Aneurysm. They are doing a procedure in the next hour or so that is very similar to a heart cath. They will try to "fix" the aneurysm with coil type material.
Dad's blood sugar is 117 and is blood pressure was good. (They didn't tell me what it was, just that they were happy with where it was)
He is still responding to commands. He gave the DR a thumbs up several times when she requested and squeezed Caroline's hand when she asked him if he could see her.
They will leave him on the vent for the day and hopefully try to remove it tomorrow.
Thanks again for all of your prayers. Keep them coming and say a prayer for all of the Dr's and staff that will be with dad during this procedure. They said it will last anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. I will keep everyone updated.

*4:25 pm
As of 4:25 pm, Dad has not been taken down for his procedure yet. We are hoping they will take him soon. They said it shouldn't actually take 2-5 hours, they just allow that long for it. Will keep everyone updated!

*4:40 pm
They just took him back

*6:30 pm
We spoke to a nurse around 6:30. The procedure is still not complete, but we know it is going well.

*8:36
Still waiting...........

*12:12 am (4/26)
We finally were notified that Dad was back in his room around 9:45 pm. We were able to see him and Mom spoke to one of the Dr's on the phone. They said the procedure went smoothly. Our focus now is working on getting him off the vent! He hates it more than anything and it breaks my heart to see him this way. I pray that he doesn't remember any of this. I keep telling Mom that hopefully we will be the only ones that remember him being this way. He hates the vent so very much and we just want him to be able to communicate with us. Caroline and I are staying in the waiting room of the hospital tonight and Mom just called to tell us that his breathing is good and he is resting. He hasn't had much rest these past few days, so we are glad to hear this.
Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.




Pop and his biggest fan!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Debbie Robus said...

You are all covered by prayer... we know that God is orchestrating your dad's care and progress... and He is holding each of you close, also. You can ask your mom... we've done the "hospital sitting" routine,and it's miserable... so our hearts go out to all of you. Stay strong, trust God... take good care. Love you all!

pfricke said...

I am thinking of all of you this morning and have lifted you all in prayer. If I don't get by this afternoon, I will try to get by tomorrow. You have my number if I can do anything at all. Please do not hesitate to call me.
Love,
Polly

J. S. Avery said...

I love this pic of Jackie..he looks so much like his dad and a lot like his Uncle George, too! I have had all of you in my thoughts and prayers and just know that if the Good Lord is willing, your dad will fight with all his might to get over this "bump in the road". His love is as BIG as his dad's was for family and friends, and I cannot imagine him wanting to miss a second of time with any one of them! My love goes out to you all.
Thank you, Anna, for doing such a great job at keeping everyone informed.

With love,
Jenny