Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

8 Months

Gracie Kate you are 8 MONTHS OLD!!!!! You are sooo much fun right now and soo many people love you to pieces!!! You amaze us everyday with the things you are learning!!




Here's what is going on with you these days....
  • You are still wearing a size 2 diaper and you love to wiggle while we try to change you!!
  • You are mainly wearing 6-9 month clothes. Some are too big and you can actually still wear some of your 3-6 month onesies and they aren't too tight!!! =) Your daddy says you have too many clothes, but a girl can never have too many...right!?!
  • You love playing in your swimming pool and watching the doggies. You laugh when they start to bark. This is a very good thing, considering we have 8 of them in our backyard!! Your daddy takes you out to the kennel with him sometimes... your eyes get soo big when the dogs start barking , then you just start laughing!!!! Your daddy says he is going to make a dog trainer out of you one of these days!!
  • You are on a pretty good routine. We get home around 6:30 at night. We play for while, then eat supper and take a bath. You LOVE bath time!!! After your bath you usually snuggle with your daddy while momma gets your bottle ready. We rock and drink your baba and you are usually out by 8:30 at the latest. You still like putting yourself to sleep, and this makes your mommy and daddy soo happy!!! You sleep till around 6:30 in the mornings. Sometimes I have to wake you up, so we can leave... this doesn't make you too happy!!!!
  • Thank goodness, you love the camera! We take lots and lots of pictures in our house! You always turn and look when a camera is out! I use my phone to take a lot of pictures and you ALWAYS reach for my phone! You love love love looking at the pictures on my phone!! I can't wait for the new iPhone to come out and we can do some video calling. Hopefully someone else we know will get one! (hint hint DeDe and Pop!!!)
  • You aren't crawling yet, but you get on all 4s and rock a lot. I think it will happen any day now, although you HATE being on your stomach.
  • You have started trying to pull up on things. I watched you try your hardest to pull up on the coffee table drawer hook. It is definitely time for us to start baby proofing our house. I have a feeling you are gonna take off any day now!!!
  • You are now drinking out of a sippy cup and you love it!! You love you some apple juice and sweet tea. Shame on your daddy for introducing you to this! I have to admit, I followed in his footsteps and gave you some while we were shopping last weekend. It sure kept you content!!!
  • You are drinking about 4 to 5 bottles a day. (6-7 ounces each)
  • You are staying with your GiGi a lot this summer and she is feeding you well! I picked you up the other day and she told me 3 different things you had! You definitely love you some food!!! You are eating all kinds of baby food, except for green beans. You dined on some Chicken and rice last week as well as rutabaga. ( I've never even tried this before... I have to say i'm not a fan of turnips myself, but GiGi said you LOVED it and she couldn't feed it to you fast enough!!! yuckkkk)
  • You love your "mum mums" and Gerber puffs and mommy gives you these to occupy you a lot of the time!!! Once again, you love you some food and never turn anything down.. except for green beans! lol
  • I haven't weighed you since your 6 month appointment. We must do this soon. I know you are growing!!!
  • You are always talking and gabbing!! I am pretty sure we are going to have a chatty kathy on our hands!!! You love hearing yourself!!! =)
  • You light up when you see me in the afternoons and it just melts my heart! Daddy says you do the same to him when he stops by to see you at lunch. You have grown very attached to your momma and often cry when I walk out of your sight at home. (yet you don't cry when I leave you in the mornings..... thank goodness, cause I'd cry too!!)

Gracie, you are so precious to us. Your daddy always asks what he did to deserve such a beautiful, happy baby girl. I tell him its all because he married your momma!! =) You are such a happy baby and everyone that meets you just falls in love!!! We love your sister!!! =)






No comments: