Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 25, 2009

What a week....

Last week was a doozie!! We got home from Florida Saturday before last. We arrive home to find our A/C AND Water were out!!! Lovely!!!!! Sunday morning Josh got the well fixed, so we had water, but no such luck with the air. Evidently the fan motor went out? (I don't know whats wrong with it, i just know it isn't working!!!) We called home warranty and of course they say it will be Tuesday before they can come. It was pretty hot in the house, so we went and bought a window unit so we could stay at the house. At this point, Josh says we are NEVER going on vacation again! haha! Soo all is fine and dandy.. the house has cooled off, and we have water! We head to bed and it starts storming around 1 am. At 1:48 the power goes out.... yup, that's right.... i panic... how am I going to get ready for work if the power doesn't come back on???? I make sure my phone alarm is set and try to go back to sleep. The power comes back on at 3:18 and I am soooo happy!!! I wake up and start getting ready for work (its still storming) and what do you know... the power goes out, AGAIN!! I don't have my makeup on...lovely! It starts getting hot really fast in the house soooo I grab my makeup and keys and go sit in the 4 runner and put on my makeup with the air going full blast! lol! I run in the house, get dressed and throw my straightener and makeup in a bag (i figure i will have to freshen up once I get to work). As i'm leaving, I tell Josh this day can't get any worse. I start on my journey to work. I get on the interstate and it starts sprinkling. By the time i'm halfway to work, it starts POURING...the car in front of me hits their brakes.... i tap mine cause I don't know what they are stopping for. They continue to hit their brakes, so I tap mine again and start to hydroplane. I move over to the left lane and when I do, I start fishtailing between the two lanes. Everything happened so fast, so I'm not really for sure what happened. I know I was sliding back and forth between the two lanes. All of a sudden I hit something with my front driver side and it spins me around and I am sliding backwards across the two lanes on the interstate. I thought I was never going to stop. I finally hit the guardrail on the right side of the interstate and eventually stop. I am panicking at this point cause it is pouring down rain and NO ONE is stopping. I start looking for my phone and I can't find it. I finally found it in the backseat between the seat and the door. I have to unbuckle and crawl in the back to get it. I call Josh to tell him whats happened. Of course i'm a nervous wreck and start bawling and he thinks i'm really hurt! He tells me he is on his way, but I knew it would take him atleast 30 mins to get there. I call 911, but I don't know the exit number I am at. I keep trying to tell her landmarks and that I know I am at the Arlington exit, I just don't know what number it is. 5 minutes after I wreck, a state trooper pulls up. I am not in any pain and feel ok at this point, just REALLY freaked out. I tell them I am 6 months pregnant and they insist I let them call an ambulance and go to the ER. I think this is ridiculous cause Josh and a friend of ours is on the way and they can take me, but everyone keeps saying I need to go by ambulance. Sooo, the ambulance arrives within 15 minutes of me wrecking. All this time, I am still sitting in the truck... they wouldn't let me move! They put a neck brace on me and put me on the board and load me up in the ambulance. My friend LaDeana that was on her way to the scene was on speaker phone with me and she said I kept sternly telling them this was ridiculous and not necessary! haha!!

We get to the ER and it is a total waste of my time! I sit there and the nurse can't even get the doppler to work. She is banging it on the bed. The dr walks in and takes over. Gracie had been moving around alot while I was in the ambulance, so that was relief to me. He gets the heartbeat, then tells me " If I don't feel baby move to my dr." (He was foreign and I could hardly understand anything he said!!!) We sit in the ER for an additional hour just waiting on them to bring my release papers over to be signed. I call my drs office as soon as they open and get an appointment with her. Of course I get there and they do an ultrasound and Miss Gracie is just fine. She was breech and hid her face the ENTIRE time.
We leave the hospital and head over to where they had the car towed to get all of our stuff out of it. I took a few pics while we were there.....




We found out last week my truck was totalled. I am soo lucky I wasn't hurt. The EMT's kept saying they couldn't believe the airbag didn't deploy and that I wasn't in any pain. Of course the day after the accident I was soo sore, but I am thankful Gracie and I were in good hands that Monday morning.
Now the car shopping begins! We are waiting on the insurance money to come in so we can make our purchase. Trying to deal with our total loss adjuster has been a joke. She won't ever answer her phone, yet would be emailing me at the same time I would be calling. UGH! Insurance Companies!! (Sorry Dad!!!)

No comments: