Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday 4/20

I can't believe we are nearing the 1 year mark. Still seems like a dream and I keep hoping I'll wake up. Sunday, the 22nd, will be a year since our lives all changed. It's been a rough, weepy week. I think we all thought by this time, things would be much better and we are hurt and discouraged that they aren't. I can't help but fight back the tears when I'm sitting listening to my daddy talking to me. Half of the conversation I can understand, the other half I usually can't. He doesn't get too discouraged, but it sure breaks my heart.
However, the main reason of this post, was to inform everyone of Dads new room number. He moved to room 508 on Wednesday. Same hallway, just closer to the nurses station on the right side of the hallway instead of the left. We have all his cards and pictures hung up and one of the aides said it looked like a lil dorm room! Lol



Saw this on Facebook the other day and thought it was pretty fitting.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

skg said...

I say a little prayer for all of you every day. I am so very sad that you don't have your every day dad back yet and I know your mom is just mentally and emotionally drained. I wish there was something we could do to bring those miracles but we just have to trust God and his plan for us.

Take care of yourself because you cannot be of help unless you first take care of you. Give your mom a big hug. I know she needs it. She is wonderful.

Don and Cathy said...

AK, you and your family have been so good and so strong thru this. Some weeping is understandable. As best we can, we weep with you. We talk to your mom every weekend. Ya'll are doing the very best to make the best of a difficult situation. I admire each of you so much.