Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF!!!

Can I just say how glad I am that today is FRIDAY!! Not only cause its the weekend, but my hubby will be home!! Josh has been out of town all week for work. My truck started messing up Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we couldn't start it. So, I've been drivin' the F250 (tank is what I like to cal it) all week. I am starting to feel manly!! Not to mention the fact that Josh's truck was FILTHY!! So I drove it all week and finally decided yesterday to take it and have it cleaned. Boy does it look like a new truck! They cleaned the inside and out. I told Josh I never knew his floorboard was black, i thought it was brown cause of all the dirt on it! :) He got back in town around 2, but hasn't seen it yet. I think he'll be in for a shock when he sees how shiny it is! Karen even commented on how shiny the rims are! OHH YEA!

Josh's birthday is tomorrow and I told him since he left me with a nasty, dirty truck, part of his gift was having it cleaned. But today on my way back from lunch, I had to stop and get some diesel. After pulling in 2 stations that didn't have diesel, (I'm getting frustrated) I finally pulled into one that did. I said I was only going to put $10 dollars in because I am going straight home after work and dang, diesel is alot more expensive then the gas I'm used to getting!! So I start the pump up and wait for it to get to $10. I keep waiting.... and waiting. It is at like $7.00 and already has like 15 gallons in it. I am thinking to myself, something isn't right. I figured they had the numbers switched and I was really paying $15 for 7 gallons. All the sudden the pump clicks (you know how it does when the tank is full) and I wait for a receipt to print out. It says to see clerk. So by now I am nervous that I put like 70 bucks worth of diesel in the truck. I walk in the store and the attendant is on the phone. I tell him I need my receipt for #1 and tell him the pump was super slow and I just wanted to make sure I was only charged for $10 worth of gas (keep in mind he is still on the phone talking to me and the person on the line at the same time). He looked at the receipt and agreed that I was charged for $9.49 and apologizes for the tank being slow and tells me that someone else complained about that earlier today. OK, so that's fine with me. I get back in the tank and put my card up and stuff. I am pulling out of the gas station and realize I have a full tank. I call Josh to see how much it usually takes to fill his truck up. He tells me 70 to 100 bucks. I pull into work and look at my receipt and this is what I see!!



Oh my gosh! I am freaking out! I called Josh to ask him what I need to do. He said its their fault, don't do anything. (ok so i censored his response a bit!) Evidently word has gotten around town. Memphis isn't that small. Josh went back up there and he said there were some fed ex guys that heard about it and drove across town to fill up. I told Josh now I really don't have to buy him anything for his birthday! He has a shiny, clean truck and a full tank of diesel!! LOL!! :)

Welp, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I am so glad the weather is going to be nice. I am sure I will be posting again soon with some pictures of our weekend!!!!

1 comment:

The Keylors said...

That's crazy! I can't believe you got 25 gallons of gas for under $10! I feel sorry for the poor man working that day...not real observant. I hope it wasn't him that entered the prices that day. ha!

Ash