Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday 12/6

I abandoned the blog again.... So sorry!!!!! Gracie and I headed to Memphis last Wednesday to spend a long weekend with her Daddy. While we were there, I managed to get sick... Boooo!
We did enjoy some family time, though. We got back Sunday and now Gracie is sick. We are heading to the Dr this afternoon. Hopefully he will give her some good meds.... We were up and down all night.... Screaming, coughing and sneezing.... Not too much fun for either one of us! =(
Mom and I are bringing Dad back to Heber tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how he responds to seeing the outdoors and being in the car. It's been 8 months since he's been out of a hospital. We are hopeful he will enjoy driving by familiar places. Since I've been sick and G is now sick, I haven't seen him since last Tuesday, so I'm anxious to see him.
Friday night Mom was on the phone with one of Dads High School friends, Pete. Mom set the phone down and Dad picked it up and said, "Hi, Pete! I had a stroke...they tell me to keep working hard, keep on working hard." Mom was soo shocked, cause she didn't coach him on what to say, he did it on his own. The therapists must be telling him this and I'm glad it stuck with him!!!! One thing we are thankful for, is he is happy. He never gets frustrated when he can't do something and we've never seen him depressed. He is leaving all those feelings up to us! =)
Once we get Dad all moved in, I'll get his mailing address out to those of you that would like it.
I will update again once we have Dad settled in his new room! =)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Sam Curry said...

I believe that once jack gets back to where all his friends and come and see him what a change you will see. Besides what a blessing that you, his family, will not have to travel so far. God works in his own way. The only disadvantage I see is when Kathryn and I come to see him, you will have guests at your house. What a plan. Love to you all. sam

pfricke said...

Thanks for the update, AK. I definitely want the address and thank you so much for keeping us up to date on his progress. Our prayers will continue of for progress and for all of you for strength and God's blessings!
Love,
Polly