Tuesday, June 29, 2010
We are all sooo excited about this...Especially Gracie (as you can tell!!!)!!! =)
We all thought Gracie was going to bypass crawling and just start walking, but she fooled us all!! She started off with a few moves Thursday night and by Sunday she had it down pat!!! Josh and I spent Sunday afternoon baby proofing the living room. It now consists of toys, Gracie's chair/rocker, toys, a couch, recliner and did I mention TOYS?!?!? We took the coffee table and all the pretty decorative things and packed them away for the time being. She is trying to pull up on EVERYTHING and our coffee table drawer was making me VERY nervous. She wanted to pull on the drawer handle all the time. I knew it was an accident waiting to happen!
After I took this picture, I realized it was definitely time to lower the crib!!! My baby girl is growing sooo sooo fast!! But, we are having too much fun! Her little personality is starting to show and she is just the sweetest, cutest little thing!!!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
This does not look comfy...AT ALL!!! She sure was snoozing away... didn't even budge when I turned the lamp on to take this picture!!! lol Of course I moved her around some, cause I knew this would not be the best position to sleep in ALL night!!! (We have to sleep with 3 paci's...one for our mouth and one for each hand!! lol!!!)
I guess Gracie was helping her daddy do some yard work!!! These two sure are pretty smitten with each other!!! I'm so thankful to have them both in my life!!! =)
Thursday, June 17, 2010
- You are still wearing a size 2 diaper and you love to wiggle while we try to change you!!
- You are mainly wearing 6-9 month clothes. Some are too big and you can actually still wear some of your 3-6 month onesies and they aren't too tight!!! =) Your daddy says you have too many clothes, but a girl can never have too many...right!?!
- You love playing in your swimming pool and watching the doggies. You laugh when they start to bark. This is a very good thing, considering we have 8 of them in our backyard!! Your daddy takes you out to the kennel with him sometimes... your eyes get soo big when the dogs start barking , then you just start laughing!!!! Your daddy says he is going to make a dog trainer out of you one of these days!!
- You are on a pretty good routine. We get home around 6:30 at night. We play for while, then eat supper and take a bath. You LOVE bath time!!! After your bath you usually snuggle with your daddy while momma gets your bottle ready. We rock and drink your baba and you are usually out by 8:30 at the latest. You still like putting yourself to sleep, and this makes your mommy and daddy soo happy!!! You sleep till around 6:30 in the mornings. Sometimes I have to wake you up, so we can leave... this doesn't make you too happy!!!!
- Thank goodness, you love the camera! We take lots and lots of pictures in our house! You always turn and look when a camera is out! I use my phone to take a lot of pictures and you ALWAYS reach for my phone! You love love love looking at the pictures on my phone!! I can't wait for the new iPhone to come out and we can do some video calling. Hopefully someone else we know will get one! (hint hint DeDe and Pop!!!)
- You aren't crawling yet, but you get on all 4s and rock a lot. I think it will happen any day now, although you HATE being on your stomach.
- You have started trying to pull up on things. I watched you try your hardest to pull up on the coffee table drawer hook. It is definitely time for us to start baby proofing our house. I have a feeling you are gonna take off any day now!!!
- You are now drinking out of a sippy cup and you love it!! You love you some apple juice and sweet tea. Shame on your daddy for introducing you to this! I have to admit, I followed in his footsteps and gave you some while we were shopping last weekend. It sure kept you content!!!
- You are drinking about 4 to 5 bottles a day. (6-7 ounces each)
- You are staying with your GiGi a lot this summer and she is feeding you well! I picked you up the other day and she told me 3 different things you had! You definitely love you some food!!! You are eating all kinds of baby food, except for green beans. You dined on some Chicken and rice last week as well as rutabaga. ( I've never even tried this before... I have to say i'm not a fan of turnips myself, but GiGi said you LOVED it and she couldn't feed it to you fast enough!!! yuckkkk)
- You love your "mum mums" and Gerber puffs and mommy gives you these to occupy you a lot of the time!!! Once again, you love you some food and never turn anything down.. except for green beans! lol
- I haven't weighed you since your 6 month appointment. We must do this soon. I know you are growing!!!
- You are always talking and gabbing!! I am pretty sure we are going to have a chatty kathy on our hands!!! You love hearing yourself!!! =)
- You light up when you see me in the afternoons and it just melts my heart! Daddy says you do the same to him when he stops by to see you at lunch. You have grown very attached to your momma and often cry when I walk out of your sight at home. (yet you don't cry when I leave you in the mornings..... thank goodness, cause I'd cry too!!)
Gracie, you are so precious to us. Your daddy always asks what he did to deserve such a beautiful, happy baby girl. I tell him its all because he married your momma!! =) You are such a happy baby and everyone that meets you just falls in love!!! We love your sister!!! =)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
We stayed the night with my grandparents Thursday night and Mom and Caroline met us Friday morning and we all headed to Dallas for the weekend. My aunt is expecting her first child in July and since Gracie and I won't be able to make it back for the birth, we decided to go for her baby shower.
We had a great weekend, but boy was it HOT!!! The funny thing is, when I get around all my family, they fight over Gracie. Honestly, I never really get to see her and often have to "fight" to get her! lol! I am so glad Gracie is loved by soo many people!!! But of course, sometimes she just wants her mommy!!! =) Of course I don't have many pictures... I took some with my camera, but my cousin and sister took the majority of the pictures and I haven't stolen them from them yet!!!
Gracie all ready for her first trip to Texas!!!!
Gracie and cousin Molly!!! =)
This is the tin we got for baby Jake. Of course Jamie did a wonderful job once again! These tins make the perfect baby gift and I just love giving them!! Thanks again Whimsy Tin!
Gracie and her Papa (my grandpa, her great grandpa), at dinner. Once again, the passing around begins!!!
Soo glad I bought a few new toys for her to play with! This kept her entertained for awhile.. We were on the road for over 8 hours on Sunday. The last 2 were not fun AT ALL...for either of us!! We sure were glad to get home and see our daddy!!!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Monday, of course, we had to have our weekly dress up pictures for the grandparents (and aunts, great grandparents, cousins, etc etc... I get in trouble if I don't send these!!! lol).
We were able to enjoy some pool time with Gracie this weekend, as well!! Although the sun seemed to fade away as soon as we got to the pool! Good for Gracie, but not good for this momma that needs some color!!!!
This is the life, huh?!?! She was soo worn out, we gave a bottle and she conked out!!! She floated around the pool sleeping for a little over an hour!!! (Don't worry... daddy was with her!!)
Ahhhh, today would be a PERFECT day to be lounging on a raft with a good book!!!!